Complaints and advocacy services

Find local complaints and advocacy services and their contact details.
Woman smiling at a Healthwatch event, picking up promotional materials

POhWER NHS complaints advocacy

If you would like support to help you complain about an NHS service you can access the free NHS Complains Advocacy service run by POhWER.

0300 200 0084

Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust Patient Advice and Liason Service (PALS)

For community and specialist health services.

01223 219444

Freephone 0800 376 0775

North West Anglia Foundation Trust (NWAFT) Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS)

For Peterborough City Hospital, Hinchingbrooke Hospital or Stamford Hospital.

01733 673405

Continuing Healthcare complaints and advocacy service

In depth specialist advice, advocacy and case management for people at any stage of the NHS continuing healthcare assessment, appeal or care planning process.

Beacon Advocacy, 10 Napier Court, Barton Lane, Abingdon, Oxfordshire OX14 3YT

0345 548 0300

Care Quality Commission

The inspectors and regulators of health and care.

CQC National Service Centre, Citygate, Callowgate, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE1 4PA

03000 616171

Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman

We make final decisions on complaints that have not been resolved by the NHS in England and UK government departments and other public organisations. We do this fairly and without taking sides. Our service is free. 

0345 015 4033


SENDIASS Rutland offers free, confidential and impartial information, advice and support to parents and carers of young people aged 0-25 with special educational needs or disabilities (SEND) as well as young people themselves.

07977 015 674

Looking for information about health and care?

Find advice and information to help you stay well and make decisions about your health and social care support.

Find advice and information