If you think you’ll have difficulty paying your water bill, Anglian Water have lots of help and support available to you, from providing flexible and affordable payment plans - to guiding you to external help and benefits. If you or one of your loved ones are in one of the high risk groups that are especially vulnerable to Coronavirus or need extra help due to age, ill-health or disability, you could benefit from Anglian Water’s Priority Services Register which provides free, practical support.
Some of the ways Priority Services could help you include;
- A scheme to protect you from bogus callers and scams
- If Anglian Water supply your water there’s a burst water main which means your supply is interrupted, they will contact you and where needed deliver bottled water. If you're a sewage only customer of Anglian Water's, you will be treated as a priority in the event of a waste water incident
- Bills in different formats (including braille, large print and audio). If English isn’t your first language, they have translators available to speak to you via the Language Line or if you prefer could chat online
- Nominate a trusted relative, friend or carer about your water supply and/or bills; with your permission they will be their first point contact and will be able to contact Anglian Water on your behalf
- Knock and wait; Anglian Water will wait longer for you to answer the door when visiting